WASHINGTON, D.C.– American University won six of the nine women's relays to earn the team title Friday at the Potomac Relay Invitational swimming and diving meet, hosted by the Eagles.
The AU women finished with 112 points, outdistancing George Mason (90), Georgetown (82) and Howard (58). Diving scores were not immediately available.
George Mason comfortably won the men's team title, scoring 122 points. Georgetown (84), Howard (70) and AU (60) trailed the Patriots.
• Sophomore Alex Brosvik was involved in four of the Eagles' six relay wins. Individuals were limited to competing in four events. She swam anchor legs on the 3x100-yard breaststroke relay, the 4x100 IM relay and the 200 freestyle relay.
• Jolley, Hamlet, Koenig and Brosvik posted a four-second victory in the 4x100 IM relay, going 4:09.16.
• Manson, Felton, Longstaff and Brosvik swam 1:38.28 to win the 200 free relay.
• The top finish by the American men came in the 3x100 butterfly relay. Scott Callander, who set a school record in the 100 fly last year, joined Liam Riebling and Luke Bennett to finish in 2:38.54. Mason won that event by just a half-second.
• American travels to Baltimore next Friday for a triangular meet at Loyola Maryland. The Greyhounds and Eagles will be joined by VMI in the meet that begins at 4 p.m.
• AU hosts Howard and Manhattan on Friday, Oct. 12 at 6 p.m. in its final home event of the season.