AU Eagles Leadership Academy
To create opportunities for student-athletes to be challenged, to grow in their leadership and develop personally, and to have formational experiences that will guide their futures.
- To develop student-athletes into lifelong learners and leaders.
- To provide student-athletes opportunities to learn leadership skills and theories and reflect on their own abilities.
- To create an environment for growth and transformation through active, diverse and experiential learning.
- To build engagement in student-athletes that will inspire action - carrying the vision to their teams, our department, and the community.
- Emerging Eagles is the foundation of the Leadership Academy, a program that all student-athletes will participate in after their first season of competition. Its mission is to engage all student-athletes in personal growth and exploration of their leadership style, and to establish a foundation of self-leadership that they can expand on through their time at AU on their teams and in the classroom.
- Rising Eagles is the second phase of leadership development, and student-athletes are eligible to apply to participate after they have completed Emerging Eagles. Its mission is to create an environment that promotes a deeper exploration of leadership and various leadership styles and theories. It also aims to foster leadership growth among student-athletes dedicated to developing their skills and becoming leaders on their team and on campus.
- Soaring Eagles is focused on supporting the transition of senior student-athletes. Its mission is to provide opportunities for graduating student-athletes to learn the professional leadership skills they need to be prepared for life after AU. It also seeks to support the process of the athlete identity shift.
- Eagles in Service is the final component of the Leadership Academy, and it aims to complete the academy’s mission. Specifically, it focuses on creating opportunities for student-athletes to have formational experiences that will guide their futures. Overall, Eagles in Service aims to engage student-athletes in a service learning project, focusing on developing leadership through experiential learning.