American University is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all fans attending athletic events throughout the year.
As a student and fan of American University, you are responsible for your conduct as well as the conduct of your guests and/or persons with whom you have attended events. All Eagles are expected to uphold the highest standards in sportsmanship.
The following expectations have been established regarding fan conduct:
- Fans will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all American staff and team personnel.
- Our fans' experiences will not be disrupted by unruly actions or behaviors of others. Fans should report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest staff member or security guard.
- Fans will enjoy the sporting experience free from abusive/foul language or obscene gestures.
- Fans appearing intoxicated will be denied entry or will be subject to ejection from all Eagles Athletic events. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired fan will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Fans may not go onto the playing area (field, court, etc.) or throw any items onto the playing area. Violation will result in immediate ejection and/or arrest and prosecution.
- Fans will be courteous to visiting teams and guests. We cheer for the Eagles, not against our opponents.
- Fans are allowed to display posters, banners and flags but the University reserves the right to remove any aforementioned item if it is deemed vulgar or inappropriate.
- Fans will be courteous to American's neighbors upon entering and leaving all athletic events.
- American University is a tobacco- and smoke-free campus, please do not use these products while attending any sporting event.
- Fans will adhere to these expectations when they travel to other schools to support Eagles Athletic events.
During Eagles Athletic Events, the University prohibits:
- Tobacco products
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Video and flash cameras
- Weapons of any kind
- Large Bags/Backpacks
- Outside food or beverage
- Laser pointers
If your conduct endangers or disrupts the players, coaches, officials or other patrons, the University reserves the right to remove you from the premises without a refund and with a potential loss of ticket privileges for future games. Additionally, the American University Fan Code of Conduct applies at all athletic events, including those which take place at other institutions. American University students who are in violation of this Fan Code of Conduct or the Student Conduct Code may be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution for follow-up and possible disciplinary action.